« PreviousContinue »
"Siamber Wen," Ground Plans
Prehistoric Remains, Uplands, N. Carnarvonshire
Incised Slab, Archbishop of Rages
Incised Slab, Bridelton
Effigy of a Knight
Pen y Corddyn
Effigy, Bettws y Coed, Llanuwchllyn
"Levelinus Stone," Camden's reading and Photograph 135, 137
Braich y Ddinas and Plan
Prehistoric Remains on Penmaenmawr:
Plan of Summit and North-Western Portion
Excavations at the Prætorium, Castell Collen, 1911:
Plan of Head-Quarters.
Fragments of Stone Mouldings
Base of Pillar
ADD. ROLL 26,596., BRIT. MUS.
THE account of Sir Edward Stradelynge, Chamberlain of South Wales, for the years 1431-3. 10 membranes, defective in parts, and the first part missing. It contains :
1. His account for the County of Cardigan, 10 and 11 Hen. VI., with the names of officials (prepositus, provost, bedell, bailiff, auditor) of the several comotes, districts and towns (Kerwereres, Iscoid Issher Weryn, Gwynnyon Uchkere, Llampadern, Abberistrut, Cardigan, Maynorsulyn, Talsarun, Trephilian, Generglyn, Iskereyn, Dyhewed, Eruthyn, Hannyuyoti, Perveth, Mabwynn', Mevenneth, Gwasheynyt), the Bailiffs itinerant of Cardigan, and their predecessors, the farm of the two water-mills.
2. Fines of sessions for Counties of Carmarthen and Cardigan, 8 Hen. VI.
3. Subsidy of 400 marks each, granted by Carm. and Card., 8 Henry VI.
4. Fines for the same two Counties, 9 Hen. VI. The names of the bailiffs, Reginald Roger and John Willy (Carmarthen town); Richard Vaughan ap Ris (Llampadern).
5. Fines, 10 and 11 Hen. VI. Bailiffs, William Tanke, Lewis Goldsmyth (Carmarthen town); Res ap David ap Thomas (Cardigan).
Total receipts 10 and 11 Henry VI., £2,188 12s. 7d.
6. Salaries of officials in Carmarthen Co.:
Sir John Skidmore, Constable of Carmarthen Castle,
Res ap Thomas, Seneschall of Cantremaur, £6 13s. 4d., pred. David Vaughan.
Sir John Skidmore, Seneschall Walstot of Widigada
Ris ap David ap Eignon Penkes' of Widigada and
Lewis Gethyn, Clerk Carm. Co., 40s. p.a., pred. John
David ap Ll. Tewe, "proclamator" Carmarthen Sessions,
Thomas Walter, King's Attorney, Carm. and Card. Co.,
John Kendale, King's Armourer in all S. Wales Castles,
John Rous, King's Head Carpenter in Castles and Mills,
John Salesbury, King's Plumber, 6d. a day, 4d. when
Sir Edward Stradelynge, Chamberlain S. Wales. His predecessors, John Wodehill, 32 Ed. III.; John Merbury, 7 Hen. IV.; William Boteler, 2 Hen. VI.
7. Salaries of Officials, Cardigan Co. :
John Burghop, Esq., Constable of Cardigan Castle, £40 p.a.
Res ар Thomas, Seneschall of Cardigan Co., £10 p.a., pred. William Assh and Ll. Vaughan.
John Wodehous, Fermor of Dryslwyn.
Henry Slak, Sheriff Cardigan Co., 50s. p.a., pred. Res ap Thomas, 1 Hen. IV.
William Gyles, "Proclamator" Sessions, 68. 8d. p.a., pred. Hoell ap Myst.'
Geoffrey Porter, Janitor, Cardigan Castle ("Porterwich"), 2d. a day, pred. William Dyer.
John Griffith, Chevr., Constable Aberystwyth Castle, to provide one man-at-arms, 12d. and 12 archers 41. a day.
Res ap Thomas, Esq., £10 p.a.
John Mathew, Chaplain of King's Chantry in Carmarthen Castle, £5 p.a., pred. Thomas ap Eignion.
John Neth and Elena his wife, £10 p.a. out of lands in
Nicholas Holland of Lancaster, £13 6s. 8d.
Thomas Lichbarowe, "Servitor Regis," £5.
Richard Beauchamp, Earl of Warwick, £166 13s. 4d.
9. Morgan ap Eignion, King's Pleader in Howel Dda's Laws, 40s. p.a., pred. Thomas Vaughan.
Ieuan ap Jankyn Lloit, Clerk of Roll, Card., 6s. 8d., pred. Rob. ap Gwill. ap Ph.
Robyn Gila ap Ph., Clerk of Rolls, Issherweryn, 6s. 8d., pred. William Dyer.
Lli ap Mered' and Ph. ap Lli ap Mered', Clerk of Widigada and Elvet, pred. Roger ap Atha.
James Lord de Audeley, Chief Justice of S. Wales, pred. E. Duke of York.
10. Repairs, Carmarthen Castle :
William John, helping plumber to repair Tower
John Shipman and Ieuan Dany, bringing sand.
Geoffrey Pewter for tin to make "Soudor."
Pointing the great stable of the Exchequer Hall.
2 Towers, "super Dayrde" and "super le Middil Gate," "Sclatston" for rooting. Total £6 38. 6d. 11. Repairing King's Barge at Carmarthen, £13 0s. 9d. 12. Chapel in Carmarthen Castle :
Chasuble of fustian with orphreys of blue worsted powdered with stars and crowns of gold; stole, maniple; 7 yards of braban linen to make an alb. Towels of "Irisshcloth." Paid Messenger taking vestments to Bishop for consecration.
13. Repairs, Cardigan Castle. 119s. 1d.
14. Repairs of Mills, Higher and Lower, Cardigan. Timber from Forest of Gylgaran.
Total Disbursements, £1,656 4s.