« PreviousContinue »
BY OLIVER GOLDSMITH.
ILLUSTRATED WITH COPPER PLATES.
WITH CORRECTIONS AND ADDITIONS
By W. TURTON, M. D.
FELLOW OF THE LINNAAN SOCIETY.
A NEW EDITION; IN SIX VOLUMES.
PRINTED FOR WINGRAVE AND COLLINGWOOD; F., C., AND J. RIVINGTON,
LONGMAN, HURST, REES, ORME, AND BROWN ; CADELL AND DAVIES ;
OF THE FIFTH VOLUME.
1. Of Fishes in general ......
2. Of Cetaceous Fishes in general
3. Of the Whale, properly so called, and its varieties
5. Of the Cachalot, and its varieties ....
6. Of the Dolphin, the Grampus, and the Porpoise, with
FISHES. PART II.
1. Of Cartilaginous Fishes in general .....
2. Of Cartilaginous Fishes of the Shark Kind
3. Of Cartilaginous Flat-fish, or the Ray Kind
4. Of the Lamprey, and its affinities
5. Of the Sturgeon, and its varieties