« PreviousContinue »
BOHN'S SHILLING SERIES.
Those marked *, being Double Volumes, are 1s. 6d.
1. EMERSON'S REPRESENTATIVE MEN.
2. IRVING'S LIFE OF MAHOMET.*
3. THE GENUINE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.
4. WILLIS'S PEOPLE I HAVE MET.*
5. IRVING'S SUCCESSORS OF MAHOMET.*
15 & 16. TAYLOR'S EL DORADO; or, Pictures of the Gold Region. 2 Vols. 17. IRVING'S ADVENTURES OF CAPTAIN BONNEVILLE.*
TALES OF THE ALHAMBRA.*
CONQUEST OF FLORIDA.*
ABBOTSFORD AND NEWSTEAD.
ASTORIA (Portrait of the Author). 2 Vols. in 1. 2s.
25. LAMARTINE'S GENEVIEVE; or, The History of a Servant Girl. Translated by A. R. SCOBLE.*
26. MAYO'S BERBER; or, The Mountaineer of the Atlas. A Tale of Morocco. 27. WILLIS'S LIFE HERE AND THERE; or, Sketches of Society and Adventure.* 28. GUIZOT'S LIFE OF MONK, with Appendix and Portrait.*
29. THE CAPE AND THE KAFFIRS: A Diary of Five Years' Residence, with Advice to Emigrants. By H. WARD. Plate and Map of the Seat of War. 2s. 30. WILLIS'S HURRY-GRAPHS; or, Sketches of Scenery, Celebrities, and Society, taken from Life.*
31. HAWTHORNE'S HOUSE OF THE SEVEN GABLES. A Romance.
32. LONDON AND ITS ENVIRONS; with Historical and Descriptive Sketch of the Great Exhibition. By CYRUS REDDING. Numerous Illustrations. 2s.
33. LAMARTINE'S STONEMASON OF SAINT POINT.*
34. GUIZOT'S MONK'S CONTEMPORARIES. A Series of Biographic Studies on the English Revolution. Portrait of Edward Lord Clarendon.
35. HAWTHORNE'S TWICE-TOLD TALES.
39. EMERSON'S ORATIONS AND LECTURES.
40. UNCLE TOM'S CABIN; or, Life among the Lowly; with Introductory Remarks by the REV. J. SHERMAN.
41. THE WHITE SLAVE., A new picture of American Slave Life.
42. DAYS OF BATTLE; or, Quatre Bras and Waterloo. By an ENGLISH WOMAN, resident at Brussels in June, 1815, (author of Rome in the Nineteenth Century).
43. GERVINUS' INTRODUCTION TO THE HISTORY OF THE NINETEENTH CENTURY, translated from the German (with a Memoir of the Author).
44. CARPENTER'S (DR. W. B.) PHYSIOLOGY OF TEMPERANCE AND TOTAL ABSTINENCE, being an Examination of the Effects of the excessive, moderate, and occasional use of Alcoholic Liquors on the Human System (or on fine paper, bound in cloth, 2s. 6d.)
45. IRVING WOLFERT'S ROOST, AND OTHER TALES, 1s.; or on fine paper, with Portrait, ls. 6d.
46. IRVING'S LIFE OF WASHINGTON, Vol. 1. Portrait, 2s. 6d.
Early Life and Adventures. Fine
Vol. 2. The American War, Invasion of Canada, &c. 2s. 6d.
Vol. 3. The American War during the years 1777, 1778, and 1779,
boards, 2s. 6d.
Vel. 4, containing the American War to its Conclusion, &c.
60. LION HUNTING AND SPORTING LIFE IN ALGERIA, by JULES GERARD, the "Lion Killer," with twelve Engravings. 1s. 6d.
BOHN'S EXTRA VOLUMES.
Uniform with the STANDARD LIBRARY, price 3s. 6d.
1. GRAMMONT'S MEMOIRS OF THE COURT OF CHARLES II. Portrait.
2 & 3. RABELAIS' WORKS. Complete in 2 Vols. Portrait.
4. COUNT HAMILTON'S FAIRY TALES. Portrait.
5. BOCCACCIO'S DECAMERON, a complete Translation, by W. K. KELLY, Esq. Portrait.
6. CERVANTES' EXEMPLARY NOVELS, complete. Portrait.
7. THE HEPTAMERON. Tales in the manner of Boccaccio, by MARGARET, QUEEN OF NAVARRE. Fine Portrait.
BOHN'S LIBRARY OF FRENCH MEMOIRS.
Uniform with the STANDARD LIBRARY, price 3s. 6d. per Volume.
&2. MEMOIRS OF PHILIP DE COMMINES, containing the Histories of Louis XI. and Charles VIII., Kings of France, and of Charles the Bold, Duke of Burgundy. To which is added, The Scandalous Chronicle. In 2 volumes. Portraits.
3, 4, 5 & 6. MEMOIRS OF THE DUKE OF SULLY, Prime Minister to Henry the Great. With Notes and an Historical Introduction by SIR WALTER SCOTT. In 4 vols. With a General Index.