« PreviousContinue »
To tang, of the bearing of LB, S. 789 491 W.
Is to sec. of the bearing of LB 78° 49
do. 5. 73
Now, having the bearings of the lines AB, LB and AL, the angles contained by them may be found by the rules given page 89 Then in the triangle ALB, all the angles and one side LB will be given to find the other sides AB and LA.
To be calculated by either of the preceding Rules.
1. Given the boundaries of a tract of land as follow, viz. 1st. S 350 W. 11.20 ch. 2nd. N 45o W, 24.36 ch. 3rd. N 15o E, 10.80 ch. 4th. S 77° E, 16 ch. 5th. N 8701 E, 21.50 ch. 6th. S 60° E, 14.80 ch. South 10.91 ch. 8th N 85 W. 29.28 ch. to the place of beginning; required the area. Ans. 85 A. 3 R. 17 P..
2. Given the boundaries of a tract of land as follow: viz. 1st. N 19° E, 27 ch. 2nd. S 77° E, 22.75 ch. 3rd. S 27° E, 28.75 ch. 4th. S 52° W, 14.50 ch. 5th. S 15° E, 19 ch, 6th. West, 17.72 ch. 7th. N. 36° W, 11.75 ch. 8th North, 16.07 ch. 9th N 62° W, 14.88 ch. to the place of beginning; required the area.
Ans. 152 A. 2 R. 6. P.
3. Required the area of a tract of land bounded as follows. 1st. S 62° W. 7.57 ch. 2nd. N 43° W, 5,89 ch. 3rd. North, 5.82 ch, 4th. N 33°1 W, 8.83 ch, 5th N 48° E, 4.81 ch. 6th. Ń 12° E, 4.66 ch. 7th. N 62o1 E, 5.27 ch. 8th S 6o E, 5.60 ch. 9th S 40° E, 5.87 ch. 10th. East, 6.54 ch. 11th. North, 5.52 ch. 12th N. 68% E, 3.10 ch. 13th. S 30° E, 7.90 ch. 14th. S 23° W, 8.80 ch. 15th. S 31° E, 6.42 ch. 16th. S 50° W, 17th, N 44° W, 6.85 ch. to the place of beAns. 44 A. 2 R. 18 P.
8.10 ch. ginning.
4. Given the following field-notes to find the area of the survey; also the bearing and distance of the 3rd side, which were omitted to be taken on account of obstacles in the way,
Ans. Area 12 A. 0 R. 21.7 P. and the bearing and distance of the 3rd side S. 66° 23′ W. 28.06 ch.
5. Being furnished with the field-notes of a tract of land, and requested to calculate the area, I found, on examining them, that the figures expressing the angles of bearing of the 4th and 5th sides were so defaced as to be illegible; but as the remaining data are sufficient, the area is required. The field-notes are as follow.
Off-sets are lines drawn or measured, perpendicularly from a stationary line, to the angular points of the land